Monday, March 30, 2009

Indian Delite @ 9th & Market St.-Food Court of Gallery Mall

Indian Delite - a fast food place located in the Food court II of the gallery mall close to the Market east station. I have to admit that I was blown away by the prices. Indian food is typically expensive and is known mostly in a restaurant setting. I had my apprehensions about the taste of the food though.

The typical lunch combo was about $7. I did not enough time to buy a lunch combo on on both of my visits to this place. I had Samosa on my first visit. I really liked it. The outer deep fried shell was crispy as it is supposed to be. The contents of the samosa was cooked potatoes and green peas mixed in spices and I think it was only two bucks and change. An order of samosa comes with 2 samosas. So a samosa is about a buck which is not bad at all.

On my second visit, I had Chicken Kabob which is skewer with chunks of grilled spicy marinated chicken. The experience this time was completely opposite to what I had on my first visit - not so happy. I wanted to try something different than the samosa. I felt that the chicken chunks were not really grilled. Instead, I felt, they were cooked chicken with spicy sauce brushed on them in a rush. It was little salty and nothing close to a Kabob I was expecting. You get what you pay for I guess. I think this kabob was about $2 or 3. I apologize for the not so good picture of the kabob. I should have taken a picture with all the chicken chunks together.

Overall, I have a mixed feeling about this place. I will give it one more try, but this time with the lunch combo. The cost is a big plus if you are in a mood for Indian food.

No comments: